November 15, 2011

My first live piercing performance in a while!

So this past Saturday was the grand opening of my friend Boris Bianchi's new tattoo shop, Nue Tattoo Studio in the Midtown area of Miami, FL.  I must admit I did not plan too much ahead of time, I was pretty comfortable with going with the flow until the day came.  I knew what I was going to do but was unable to meet with my good friend and model Tyger Lily until an hour and a half before I was supposed to be there.  Luckily my experience in piercing art and body piercing gives me enough skills to have been able to do it beautifully (if I do say so myself).  I was definitely super nervous though!

Tyger Lily is an amazing artist in her own right, so she painted bones on her arms and leggings and did some amazing face paint as her creative mind always does.  She had an awesome fur vest which created a very interesting clash of animals with the feathers I was about to decorate her with.  I honestly thought the event was not going to be as successful as it was.  No offense to Boris, he had just started promoting the event pretty last minute.  Thankfully it was a huge turn out which only added to my butterflies.  Everyone thought I was being silly because this was my 4th live performance but I always get nervous.

The musical performances of the night were especially awesome.  When we first walked in we were welcomed by the soothing sounds of Amigo the Devil.  It was just him and his music was soothing yet dark and cynical which I very much appreciated.  He was also a looker ;c) haha I was too nervous to notice that until I was done much later in the night because I walked in and immediately focused on prepping Tyger Lily.  I took her straight to the back and began cleaning her and marking her.  She came up with the idea of doing the piece as the next musical act played and I was ecstatic that we did.  After several nervous cigarette breaks and going back and forth cleaning up and adding marks to her chest, the next musical act was going on which meant it was time to begin.

The musical performance was that of Diablo Dimes an awesomely mustachioed man (I love the mustaches) wearing a hat, suspender and slacks.  His music was an amazing mix of blues, ragtime and honky tonk; I have a fond love for this type of good time music.  The second I began piercing Lily all my nerves went away.  I began stomping my foot as I went to grab the next needle and the piercing process actually was done by the second song if I remember correctly.  The longest part of the process was actually attaching all the feathers that either didn't want to fit in the caps of the thin hypodermic needles or would keep falling out.  Honestly, I had so much fun with this piece.  People kept coming up and telling me how amazing it was going to be and how nuts it was and I loved it.  The best part was working with Tyger Lily, who I turned into a bat live once before.  She gets nervous too but ends up enjoying it so much and appreciates the art of it so much that it is just always an amazing experience.  Here are some of the photos!!!


Amazingly just today, or well yesterday since its almost 2AM now lol, the piece came out on ModBlog!! My third feature now on Modblog Check it out and leave some comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment